Freebsd and 6rd
Reko Turja via freebsd-net
2018-11-29 18:28:51 UTC
Hello list!

My home DSL operator supports idiotically IPv6 via 6rd only. Ive been trying
to set it up using if_stf and if_gif without much success. It seems that
both pfSense and OPNSense do support 6rd, but is there any support for it in
FBSD itself and if yes, any pointers where to start documentation wise?

It seems that if_stf is a no-go due my operator having 2001:2003:: as a
prefix, and if I've understood it right if_stf needs 2002:: address..

Any pointers, ideas etc. how to proceed are more than welcome.

-Reko
Sean Bruno
2018-11-29 18:42:25 UTC
Post by Reko Turja via freebsd-net
Hello list!
My home DSL operator supports idiotically IPv6 via 6rd only. Ive been
trying to set it up using if_stf and if_gif without much success. It
seems that both pfSense and OPNSense do support 6rd, but is there any
support for it in FBSD itself and if yes, any pointers where to start
documentation wise?
It seems that if_stf is a no-go due my operator having 2001:2003:: as a
prefix, and if I've understood it right if_stf needs 2002:: address..
Any pointers, ideas etc. how to proceed are more than welcome.
-Reko
Same here. I followed the Century Link "How to" to activate 6rd on my
DSL router, and then added the following to my desktop behind it to get
things up and running:

ipv6_prefer="YES"
rtsold_enable="YES"
rtsold_flags="-dF em0"

"em0" will vary for your use case here, but this allows me to have
routeable ipv6 from my desktop.

sean
Reko Turja via freebsd-net
2018-11-29 18:53:22 UTC
-----Original Message----- Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: Freebsd and 6rd
Post by Sean Bruno
Same here. I followed the Century Link "How to" to activate 6rd on my
DSL router, and then added the following to my desktop behind it to get
ipv6_prefer="YES"
rtsold_enable="YES"
rtsold_flags="-dF em0"
"em0" will vary for your use case here, but this allows me to have
routeable ipv6 from my desktop.
What I forgot to mention - really sorry about that - is that my connection
to FBSD 11.2 firewall/router box is bridged on DSL modem. DSL modem can get
the 6rd without problems but the less linux kernel/tcp stack and operator
set blackbox I have on signal path, the better...

-Reko
Sean Bruno
2018-11-29 19:01:04 UTC
Post by Reko Turja via freebsd-net
-----Original Message----- Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:42 PM
Same here.  I followed the Century Link "How to" to activate 6rd on my
DSL router, and then added the following to my desktop behind it to get
ipv6_prefer="YES"
rtsold_enable="YES"
rtsold_flags="-dF em0"
"em0" will vary for your use case here, but this allows me to have
routeable ipv6 from my desktop.
What I forgot to mention - really sorry about that - is that my
connection to FBSD 11.2 firewall/router box is bridged on DSL modem. DSL
modem can get the 6rd without problems but the less linux kernel/tcp
stack and operator set blackbox I have on signal path, the better...
-Reko
Ah, that I don't know how to do. I assume that you'll have to do
something with rtsold on the router to get some similar. I haven't
pursued it any farther than this.

sean
Reko Turja via freebsd-net
2018-12-02 20:21:43 UTC